Use External Database Feature Unavailable – TEKLYNX CENTRAL Problem
Target Audience: Advanced User, IT Manager
Article #: 12019
TEKLYNX CENTRAL includes a feature that allows it to pull data from an external database. More specifically, the administrator is able to link the web client (also known as browser-based user interface (BBUI) to this external source. Doing so can save the user a lot of time as well as eliminating many potential errors. An example is if the administrator points the web client to a table with workorders and products. The users can pull the information directly from the external database instead of entering it manually.
In order to use this feature, it must be enabled in the Options window. “Use external database” is located in the Display options & external database tab. However, we found this feature to be unavailable when we tested. We ran tests on the client’s production as well as on our own test server, running in evaluation mode. In both cases, we found that the checkbox to enable the external database feature was grayed out.
Situation and Symptoms
- TEKLYNX CENTRAL is installed
- Workorder option is selected
- The checkbox for “Use external database” is grayed out and cannot be selected
The External Database feature is not available by default. This applies both to evaluation mode – the first 45 days after install – nor for a typical TEKLYNX CENTRAL license.
You will need to contact us. We will make arrangements with TEKLYNX to add that feature to your license.
Issue found in TEKLYNX CENTRAL v5.1
- “Contents of item ‘Picture’ cannot be set because its value is invalid” – NiceLabel Print Error
- File Revisions Do Not Synchronize – NiceLabel Cloud Problem
- Transferring a TEKLYNX License – TEKLYNX Instructions
- How to View Licensed Printer Dropoff in NiceLabel Control Center – NiceLabel Instruction Article
- Set Slide Hopper and Label Template for an ESPO Printer – NiceLabel Automation Instruction Article
- Create a Session Timeout – NiceLabel Web Client Instructions