“Unable to add this font: definition incomplete” – CODESOFT Error Message
Target Audience: Basic User
Article #: 10071
This Error Message Article explains the CODESOFT error message “Unable to add this font: definition incomplete”. The error appears when trying to use the Font download feature in a TEKLYNX embedded print driver. This article also details how to fix the underlying problem that caused it to appear.
The error message occurs when trying to use the “>>” button to add a font to the list of graphic fonts to download to the printer. The message indicates that the form does not have all of the required information.
The information required to add a font includes:
- Name – how this font is shows in the driver
- Identifier – how this font will appear on the CODESOFT font list
- Display font – which font, from the list of Windows fonts already installed on the computer, CODESOFT will download to the printer at print time
To avoid the error message, make sure that the required fields are complete before trying to add the font to the download list box (i.e. before pressing “>>”). When they are complete, the Name field will appear in the font download box and all variables will clear.
Issue Found: CODESOFT v2018
- “Contents of item ‘Picture’ cannot be set because its value is invalid” – NiceLabel Print Error
- File Revisions Do Not Synchronize – NiceLabel Cloud Problem
- Transferring a TEKLYNX License – TEKLYNX Instructions
- How to View Licensed Printer Dropoff in NiceLabel Control Center – NiceLabel Instruction Article
- Set Slide Hopper and Label Template for an ESPO Printer – NiceLabel Automation Instruction Article
- Create a Session Timeout – NiceLabel Web Client Instructions