Install and Configure SQL Express for BreadCrumbs Server – BreadCrumbs Instructions
Target Audience: IT Manager
Article #: 13632
Follow these instructions to properly install and configure SQL Express for BreadCrumbs Server.
Before beginning, you will need to have:
- SQL Express Installer
- Admin access to the server
- Launch the SQL Express installer
- Select New SQL Installation.
- Make sure that Use Microsoft Update to check for updates is selected.
- Verify instance features selections.
- Use Default Instance (MSSQLSERVER).
- Accept Default Server Configuration.
- Choose Mixed mode for Authentication Mode.
- Set the password to the server’s System Administrator account. Be sure to write it down.
- Go to the Data Directories tab and create an MSSQL directory data folder within the root directory for the user database directory setting.
- While in Data Directories, create a dbBackups directory folder in the root directory for the backup directory setting.
- Click on the Filestream tab and select Enable FileStream, which is needed for storing images and files in the database.
- Click Next to complete the installation.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
- TEKLYNX CENTRAL v7 – Product Information and User Guides
- Configure BCScanPrint to Communicate with Server – Breadcrumbs Instructions
- TEKLYNX License Service Could Not Start – Windows Error
- Upgrading Zebra Printer Firmware – Instructions
- Install and Configure SQL Reporting Services for BreadCrumbs Server – BreadCrumbs Instructions
- Install and Configure SQL Express for BreadCrumbs Server – BreadCrumbs Instructions