Setting Media Type (e.g. with Gap) in LABEL MATRIX – Instructions
Target Audience: IT Manager
Article #: 9339
This Instruction Article explains how to set media (label) type in LABEL MATRIX.
NOTE: In this article, media type refers to how the label media is set up. It does not refer to the type of material (paper, polyester, vinyl, etc.) nor the dimensions of the labels.
For thermal printers it is crucial the the printer detects when one label ends and the next one begins. Labels for thermal printers usually come in a roll. In that roll, the labels can be setup in one of three ways:
- With Gap
It is not entirely clear in the LABEL MATRIX user interface how to set the ‘With Gap’ setting so the printer uses the gap sensor to align the labels. This articles explains how to find it.
LABEL MATRIX stores the media type setting in the printer setup rather than in the individual label design. To access those settings:
- Select Print from the Menu
- Click on Setup
- You will see a Printer Settings window. The appearance of this window will vary from printer to printer.
- Click OK. Note – If you click Cancel, this will not work.
- You will see the option to change the Sensor Type. Select the one that is appropriate for your situation (With Gap, in this case) and click OK.
- “Contents of item ‘Picture’ cannot be set because its value is invalid” – NiceLabel Print Error
- File Revisions Do Not Synchronize – NiceLabel Cloud Problem
- Transferring a TEKLYNX License – TEKLYNX Instructions
- How to View Licensed Printer Dropoff in NiceLabel Control Center – NiceLabel Instruction Article
- Set Slide Hopper and Label Template for an ESPO Printer – NiceLabel Automation Instruction Article
- Create a Session Timeout – NiceLabel Web Client Instructions