“Save Saving changes is not permitted. The change you have made require the following tables to be dropped and recreated…” – SQL Error Message
This Error Message Article explains the SQL Server error message “Save Saving changes is not permitted. The change you have made require the following tables to be dropped and recreated…” and details how to fix the underlying problem that caused it to appear.
Microsoft SQL Management Studio has feature embedded to prevent the user from making changes that may lead to unintended consequences. Since certain changes to the database design can have a ripple effect throughout the entire system, default settings or permissions set may prevent the SQL Management Studio user from making the changes they require.
One setting that can be changed which may block the user is the “Prevent saving changes that require the table to be re-created”. If the user opts to take responsibility for the changes, they can change this setting which will allow the user to bypass this safety measure.
Related Article: Remove the ‘Prevent saving changes’ feature in SQL Management Studio – KBA-01358
Message First Appeared: Windows 8, Server 2008R2, running Microsoft SQL Management Studio 2008R2
- “Contents of item ‘Picture’ cannot be set because its value is invalid” – NiceLabel Print Error
- File Revisions Do Not Synchronize – NiceLabel Cloud Problem
- Transferring a TEKLYNX License – TEKLYNX Instructions
- How to View Licensed Printer Dropoff in NiceLabel Control Center – NiceLabel Instruction Article
- Set Slide Hopper and Label Template for an ESPO Printer – NiceLabel Automation Instruction Article
- Create a Session Timeout – NiceLabel Web Client Instructions