Offline License Deactivation for TEKLYNX Software – Instructions
Article # 11499
Target Audience: Basic User, Advanced User, IT Manager
A computer experiencing hardware failure causing it to no longer function reliably, or simply no longer being able to connect to the internet can tie up a software license with no way to release it for use on another computer. Alternately, network security policies can prohibit servers from connecting to the internet. This article provides guidance on how to perform an offline license deactivation for TEKLYNX software using a second computer that is connected to the internet.
In order to deactivate a license on a computer that is offline, you will need:
- The serial number and password for the software you wish to deactivate.
- Access to the offline system requiring software deactivation – Computer A
- Access to a second system that has Internet connection – Computer B
- On Computer A – Start the software deactivation (from License Manager or from within the software). This can vary depending on the software product. You may see the progress bar. This indicates that the activation software is trying to contact Teklynx activation server.
- Once the progress bar disappears, you will see a menu window giving you several options. Select Deactivate software license and click Next.
- You will receive the popup warning message “You will no longer be able to use your software on this machine. Do you want to continue?” Click OK.
- The system will now prompt you for the deactivation method. Select Using our website and then click Next.
- The License Manager will display a User Code. Copy this code for use on Computer B. Your license on Computer A is now deactivated. However, you will still need to inform the Teklynx Activation Server so that it releases the license, enabling you to register the software on another computer.
- On Computer B, launch an internet browser and go to:
- Fill out the information in the required fields. Enter the User Code from Step 5 into the last field, also labeled User Code. Click Submit.
- You should receive a confirmation message indicating that your software has been successfully deactivated on Computer A.
- You have successfully performed an offline license deactivation for your software.
- “Contents of item ‘Picture’ cannot be set because its value is invalid” – NiceLabel Print Error
- File Revisions Do Not Synchronize – NiceLabel Cloud Problem
- Transferring a TEKLYNX License – TEKLYNX Instructions
- How to View Licensed Printer Dropoff in NiceLabel Control Center – NiceLabel Instruction Article
- Set Slide Hopper and Label Template for an ESPO Printer – NiceLabel Automation Instruction Article
- Create a Session Timeout – NiceLabel Web Client Instructions