“Error 27502. Could not connect… Specified SQL server not found.” – BACKTRACK Error Message
Target Audience: IT Manager
Article #: 12346
This article explains the BACTRACK error message “Error 27502. Could not connect to Microsoft SQL Server…” We also detail how to fix the underlying problem that caused it to occur.
Essentially, Error 27502 is a “server not found” issue.
The most frequent cause is the user mistyping the server, domain or computer name. Since BACKTRACK requires that the name is entered using a specific format, it is easy to enter the correct name, but use the wrong format.
Generally, the format required by BACKTRACK uses the same format used by Microsoft SQL Management Studio:
[DB Server or Domain Name]\[SQL Instance Name]
If the instance of SQL is set per recommendations, it should be visible by pressing the down arrow or Browse button. However, if it is not visible, possibly due to security restrictions, the user can type it in using the correct format shown above.
There are four different methods to identify the SQL instance.
Issue found in BACKTRACK v2015.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
- TEKLYNX CENTRAL v7 – Product Information and User Guides
- Configure BCScanPrint to Communicate with Server – Breadcrumbs Instructions
- TEKLYNX License Service Could Not Start – Windows Error
- Upgrading Zebra Printer Firmware – Instructions
- Install and Configure SQL Reporting Services for BreadCrumbs Server – BreadCrumbs Instructions
- Install and Configure SQL Express for BreadCrumbs Server – BreadCrumbs Instructions