“The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object” – CODESOFT Error Message
Target Audience: Basic User, Advanced User IT Manager
Article #: 13658
After a user moved an Excel spreadsheet data source from one location to another and redefining the data path, CODESOFT displayed an error reading, “The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ‘(object name)’. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If ‘(object name)’ is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.”
Fortunately, the solution is quick and straightforward as will be shown in this article.
The error occurred because CODESOFT sometimes needs to recreate the definition of the data source connection after that source has been moved.
- Launch the Database Manager.
- Delete the current database connection.
- Add a new one making the connection to the database in its new location.
- Confirm that the database structure and tables appear correct from the Database Manager.
Tested using TEKLYNX CENTRAL v5.1.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
- “Contents of item ‘Picture’ cannot be set because its value is invalid” – NiceLabel Print Error
- File Revisions Do Not Synchronize – NiceLabel Cloud Problem
- Transferring a TEKLYNX License – TEKLYNX Instructions
- How to View Licensed Printer Dropoff in NiceLabel Control Center – NiceLabel Instruction Article
- Set Slide Hopper and Label Template for an ESPO Printer – NiceLabel Automation Instruction Article
- Create a Session Timeout – NiceLabel Web Client Instructions