BACKTRACK is running slow/sluggish – BACKTRACK Problem
The article explains the problem of BACKTRACK 6 is running slow/sluggish and makes recommendations on what to do about it.
BACKTRACK (up to and including version 6) is running slow/sluggish.
BACKTRACK versions up to and including 6 were able to use FoxPro as the database. As a relational database without a server component, FoxPro did need certain fields to be re-indexed from time to time. FoxPro does not do this automatically so the user will often see BACKTRACK with FoxPro gradually get slower especially when doing searches and look-ups.
Run a ‘Rebuild’ of the database.
BACKTRACK 2012 and Later: Main Menu > System Maintenance > Administrator Functions > Rebuild Data Files
Before BACKTRACK 2012: Main Menu > System Maintenance > Administrator Functions > Rebuild Data Files > Check ‘Clear Deleted Files’ and ‘Rebuild Data Files’ > OK
BACKTRACK versions after v6 required the use of SQL for the database. SQL does not require the re-indexing however the option above still exists.
- TEKLYNX CENTRAL v7 – Product Information and User Guides
- Configure BCScanPrint to Communicate with Server – Breadcrumbs Instructions
- TEKLYNX License Service Could Not Start – Windows Error
- Upgrading Zebra Printer Firmware – Instructions
- Install and Configure SQL Reporting Services for BreadCrumbs Server – BreadCrumbs Instructions
- Install and Configure SQL Express for BreadCrumbs Server – BreadCrumbs Instructions